Monday, October 12, 2009

Bye Bye Cosmo

It was a very sad day in the Keller household last night. We had discovered that Cosmo our fish was dead. Carsen was very emotional and cried while saying,"Cosmo hadn't had a birthday yet! He was only zero, he was only zero!" We gave Carsen the choice to flush him down the toilet or bury him in the backyard. Well, when we suggested the toilet Carsen was horrified and had a look on his face like I was a mean cold hearted women. I had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard. So since Casey and I are obnoxious, we had a viewing, a lesson on spirits and bodies and then had a burial. When we were done burying the fish it took everything Carsen had to not cry and as his lip quivered he said,"he was a good fish, I am going to miss him."

I apologize for not having pics or posting any lately. Scotty was playing with my camera and now I have no clue where it is!

6 comments:

RachelAA said...

I LOVE it - "he was only zero" - so cute!

Brandy said...

Brighton Collectibles tins make really good coffins. Sadly, my sister has buried numerous fish in them. Sorry for the heartache of your little one and glad you made it through without snorting!!

Larsen's! said...

this made me chuckle...I do remember doing the same thing. How cute!

Hancocks said...

How sad is that! Poor little Carsen! You guys make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe how smart that is to think of the fish age? Death is hard for pets and little kids. If you aren't sad for him, you are too old and can't remember the heart aches.

Christa said...

okay so you can add me to your stalker list :) you said to google your name and find your blog :) so I did. HA! Now I can enjoy your humor from the comfort of my own home, in my jammies :)

This post is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!! Thanks for the laugh!