Casey came to me a year ago and said,
"I want to be an Ironman."
An Ironman is 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and
12 months later, 100s of hours of training and 30 lbs lighter
he's headed to the water to begin the 2.4m swim!
Finished the swim in 1hour and 14min, 6 mins ahead of schedule! Way to go Case!
Finished the bike in 6hours and 49mins, 11 mins ahead of schedule! Go babe!
Our cheering gang! Carsen's poster is my favorite, it says, "Dat, you can do it! You are ironman!"
Still looking strong, mile 20 of the run! And he's still smiling and moving fast. When I saw him smiling, the thought popped in my head, "he's enjoying this way too much, I fear he's going to get the Ironman bug!"
Still smiling!
Favorite picture of the day.
Sprinted his last mile, running a 7:40 min mile. Lookin' good down the home stretch! I had the chills and his mom was tearing up. Race started at 7am and we watched him come in at 8pm.
The announcer was the famous Ironman announcer, he sounded so good as he said, "Casey Keller from Bountiful, UT.......YOU---ARE----AN----IRONMAN!" It was awesome! His goal was 14 hours, he finished in 13 hours 00 minutes and 40 seconds. I knew the 40 seconds would tick him off. He likes to say he finished in 12 hours 59 minutes and 100 seconds. ha ha!
Every competitor gets a personal escort to the pizza, water, and massage therapists tent in case they collapse on the way! People were wasted.
7 comments:
That is so awesome. Do you see the guy behind Casey so NOT smiling. FUNNY! And Marla, you're an awesome wife kissing such a dripping face :)
Tyler told me Casey was doing this. That is so awesome. Good job Casey!!
impressive Case! that is super cool. On a complete side note, you are TINY. No one should be allowed to be that little on their third baby. Lookin good mama!
Your sweet T.... however I am not tiny. I had someone ask me yesterday if I was ready to BURST!!! Now who uses the word BURST when talking to a pregnant women! ha ha ha
That is really great of you to support Casey in such an ordeal! I think he's pretty cool, but really YOU steal the show. 'Pregnant mom takes 2 boys out to support their dad on HIS day of play', I can see the headlines now! Ha ha. Casey ROCKS too (I guess!).
Ok, I thought I already commented on this...but the first time I looked there were no words...this time the words were there and totally made me cry!! Haha. So proud of you brother! What an awesome, fun experience and accomplishment! Still sad we couldn't be there..Love you guys & miss you!!
love this post! way to go, casey! 'can't wait to see the baby camille post. :)
Post a Comment